Friday, January 28, 2011

If there is one thing I have some to realize ........

It's this:  That after spending the past 2 years as leader of a political club and seeing the mean-girl mentality, the mean-spirited rhetoric, all the growing hostilities in the media, communities, and even between family members on the subject of political party stands, I am deeply convinced that it will NOT be the political machine that cures our country's ills, it will be the Christians.  It will be the prayers of the faithful.

Therefore, I no longer want to be involved in the political machine, it will do no good as it is.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hi there, I stumbled across your blog and although I am not Catholic, I have enjoyed it very much! Your post on local politics really hit home with me...I am very involved in our local politics as well and have come to a point where you are, ready to throw in the towel. I am so saddened by even such a conservative county as I live in by the back biting and childish behavior. I have been praying what I should do and had a long conversation with our Central Committee Chairman and he did put things into a better, less bitter light...

I don't know what point I am really trying to make, I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed your blog :)