Monday, November 1, 2010
The Republican values
Since being voted in as the President of the Republican Women of my county, I have been attending more meetings, reading by-laws, receiving more emails, and getting trained in the party levels, fundraising, public relation, etc.
Yesterday I attended a training seminar and the speaker for dealing with media was finishing up his presentation with a final note that struck me with pride. He said that as a speaker I deal with both sides of the political spectrum, but as an individual, I am a Republican and folks you are on the right side. We Republicans have it right, but we have got to start back at the grassroots and build up keeping what made us strong in the past, keeping to our values, beliefs, and ethics. Basically, defining what conservatives is and being strict in sticking to these tenets as we progress into the future.
Yep, I believe that is right, it won't be easy, but it is worth fighting for.
What are our values, beliefs, and ethics?1.The right of the individual to achieve the best within him as long as he respects the rights of others, is the source of our nation's strength.
2. That government exists to protect the freedom of opportunity in which each individuals creative ability can flourish.
3. That government activities should be limited to those things which people cannot do at all, or cannot do so well for themselves.
4. That the most effective government is government close to the people (local)
5. That those who can not provide for themselves should be assisted by both government and society, BUT that every effort should be made to help them become self-supporting, productive citizens with pride in their independence.
6. That equal rights, equal justice, and equal opportunity belong to all, regardless of race, creed, age, sex, or national origin.
7. That the preservation of our Nation and the security of our citizens depend upon the Constitution, the laws and the courts, and that respect for them is the responsibility of every individual.
8. That government is accountable for maintaining sound money and a responsible economy; individual rights, liberties, and properties are continually eroded when citizens are oppressed by excessive taxation, inflation, government waste and over regulation.
9. That government is responsible for national defense and that only a strong American can remain a free America.
10. That it is absolutely essential to maintain a strong national defense posture in order that we may at all times negotiate from a position of strength, not weakness, in our continuing effort towards world peace and friendship.
11. That these concepts are the foundation of our national strength and that the Republican party, which is committed to their preservation, is the Party of today and the Party for the future.
May God bless and keep us all.